Admission Procedures: High School
The following items are required before the Admission Committee can consider an applicant’s file complete:
- Application Form: Online application form and fee of $50. Locate the “Apply Online” option under the Admissions tab at www.carrollton.org.
- Academic Records: for the past 4 years your daughter has been in school. Please deliver the Transcript Release(s) to your daughter’s current school, Teacher and Principal Recommendations to those persons at her school. These materials must be sent to us directly from the school/teacher; in no case will we accept hand-delivered items. Parents are responsible for requesting these records directly from your daughter’s school(s). These forms are to be returned directly to the Admission Office.
- Entrance Examination: The ISEE is required for students applying to Grades 9 and above. Register for the test at www.iseetest.org. The ISEE is proctored at Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart on Saturday, December 8th and Saturday, February 2nd. In order to take the ISEE examination at Carrollton, you must register by November 17th for the December 8th exam or by January 19th for the February 2nd exam. Please select Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart to receive the report. (Our school code is 101047.)
- Interviews: Upon receipt of your application, fee and academic records, we will schedule the academic/family interview. All High School Interviews are for both parents and applicant.
- Decisions: All decisions will be mailed by the first week of March. Under no circumstances will decisions be given by phone, fax or email.
Grade 9 Priority Deadline (see below): November 17, 2012
Deadline for Grades 9-10: January 30, 2013
We ask that you file your application with consideration for the time required to test and interview your daughter, as well as to receive her records and recommendation forms. The Admission Committee strongly recommends that you apply early to ensure sufficient time to complete the student’s file. Candidates who file applications after January 7, 2013 cannot be guaranteed an interview.
ISEE – HIGH SCHOOL ENTRANCE EXAM
Saturday, December 8, 2012
(Hosted at Carrollton. Must Register by November 17th at www.iseetest.org)
Saturday, February 2, 2013
(Hosted at Carrollton. Must Register by January 19th at www.iseetest.org)
Please note that the Priority Deadline of November 17, 2012 is for the submission of your daughter’s application and registration for the ISEE, www.isee.org, which allows her to take the December 8th entrance examination. You have the option of choosing any of the ISEE Miami Consortium examination dates, but we strongly encourage you to select the Carrollton’s December exam date, as our 9th Grade Scholarship Competition only considers applicants who test at this first examination.