Intermediate School Weekly Director's Note
Posted 05/14/2018 02:25PM
Happy Monday, Intermediate Parents!
Please read this week’s Director’s Notes below.
- Tuesday, May 15th: We’re doing it again…Krispy Kreme fundraiser for High School club supporting an organization in India which offers a nursing course for underprivileged students in the 11th and 12th grade. The club is doing one last sale to reach its goal. Each donut will be $2, or $8 for a box.
- Friday, May 18th: El Jardin Centennial Tea Party for Students – The students should wear “garden dresses, hats optional” for a fun morning of activities.
- May 25th: Saint Madeleine Sophie Barat Play for 5th Grade Parents, 8:15am, Benoist Room ***Please note that we’ve moved this up by 15 min.
- May 30th: Intermediate Concert and Portfolio Sharing, 8am, Benoist Room
- Athletic Parent Meeting Tonight: The Athletic Department invites you to join us on Monday May 14, 2018 at 6:30pm in Meli's Hall on the Duchesne Campus for our Athletic Parent Meeting. At this meeting we will discuss the nuts and bolts of the athletic programs offered to our students in Grades 6 - 12 and provide you with the necessary information and dates for the 2018-2019 school year. Please note, this meeting is for parents who have daughters trying out for one of our competitive teams for the upcoming school year. We hope that you can join us!
- Parent Education Series: Vaping - Please join us Wednesday, May 16th at 7 pm in Meli’s Hall for this relevant discussion on vaping as presented and facilitated by Ana Moreno. Ana is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Certified Addictions Professional in the State of Florida (CAP), and a Certified Intervention Professional (CIP). She is a counselor with Family Recovery Specialists who develops workshops on a variety of wellness topics including drug education, decision making, and how to set limits and boundaries. All parents are welcome! Please RSVP here.
- The last of our Enrichment classes are this week! Please see parent invitations for showcase times and location. For more information, please contact our office at 305-446-5673, extension 2341. Camp registration is OPEN! We have developed new programs including single-gender and co-ed camp experiences! For more information, please login to the parent portal, my backpack, for a copy of the brochure and the registration link to register! Camps available in our very own Camp Carrollton which includes activities in arts, athletics, daily swimming. We also have camps in Awesome Science, Clay Modeling, Acting, Maker Camp, Coding, Basketball, Volleyball any many more! Register through the parent portal, my backpack, Summer Program Registration.
- Recycled Uniforms: Carrollton’s Admissions Office offers recycled/gently used uniforms to our community. We offer recycled uniforms at no charge to all families. Uniforms are available on a first come first serve basis until September 1st. If your daughter has outgrown her uniforms or is moving to a different learning community please consider donating them to the program. New uniforms may be purchased at AA Uniform. Come and stock up for the 2018-2019 Academic year. Admissions Office - Gatehouse (Barat Campus) - Open Monday thru Friday from 9 am to 3 pm. - Please call us before coming or for more information 305.446.5673.
- Yearbook order forms have been distributed to the students and are available in your school office. Please fill them out, attach a check for $100, and return to your school secretary. The deadline has been extended to May 15th. ONLY BOOKS WHICH HAVE BEEN ORDERED BY THIS DEADLINE WILL BE PRINTED. For anyone wanting to place a full page ad, the cost is $300. Please email Mrs. Kathryn Banks before May 15th to reserve the page. All artwork, pictures and personal messages must be received by May 22nd.
- Selection Forms: Please look below for the Instrument and World Language Forms that apply to your daughter’s grade level. These forms were due by Friday, May 4th; if you have not yet submitted, please do so at your earliest convenience.
- Current Grade 4:
- Intermediate Music Class Selection Form: Music will be offered twice in a six-day cycle. Both meetings each cycle will be voice, strings or woodwinds, as you indicate on the electronic form. This is a change from last year. A student choosing an instrument, will not also be in a voice/choral class. Please click on the link below. A form should be submitted for each student, even if she is continuing with the same instrument as this year. Instrumental Selection Form
- Current Grade 5:
- World Language Selection Form: Please click on the link below. This form only applies to students entering the 6th grade for the 2017-2018 school year. World Language Selection Form
- Intermediate Music Class Selection Form: Music will be offered twice in a six-day cycle. Both meetings each cycle will be voice, strings or woodwinds, as you indicate on the electronic form. A student choosing an instrument, will not also be in a voice/choral class. Please click on the link below. A form should be submitted for each student, even if she is continuing with the same instrument as this year. Instrumental Selection Form
- Technology Form: Click here for more information about the laptop options. The students have gotten to see and experience the devices in their computer classes. Please fill out the form by June 1st with your selection. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScM0Ao4hFoAq1yXKY6CNYgq42tB9bBGuFYi1vuSSnwpM9Ovrg/viewform